Unique to the gift planning community, the American Council on Gift Annuities (ACGA) suggests maximum charitable gift annuity rates, monitors state regulations especially as they pertain to charitable gift annuities and provides education on CGAs as well as broader gift planning. Through these activities and more we support and advance responsible philanthropy that benefits donors and charities.
Your membership support is vital to advancing the ACGA’s mission of fostering the success of charitable gift annuity programs at charities nationwide and enabling our volunteer board of directors to continue the essential work we have been doing since 1927:
- Suggesting maximum charitable gift annuity rates. The suggested maximum gift annuity rates developed and monitored by the ACGA are the industry standard and are followed by about 97% of charitable organizations nationwide. Using rates developed by the ACGA, software vendors make these maximum suggested rates available to charities for convenient gift calculation. The ACGA regularly reviews the financial and actuarial assumptions behind its suggested maximum gift annuity rates to ensure they are fiscally responsible for charities.
- Offering vital professional development and networking opportunities. The ACGA brings together experts in the field of charitable giving to present on a range of topics at our renowned biennial planned giving conference. Attendees connect and collaborate with colleagues and allied professionals as they gain new insights about planned giving techniques, marketing and administration. (ACGA members enjoy a $200 discount on the conference registration!)
- Monitoring state gift annuity regulation, legislation and appropriate consumer protection. The ACGA monitors and responds to state gift annuity regulatory issues that arise from time to time. Your ACGA membership underscores your commitment to ethics, accountability and appropriate consumer protection for your donors, adding credibility to your donor relationship and your organization’s gift annuity program.
Our membership structure provides options for both Non-Profit and For-Profit members. These options allow organizations of various sizes to set up individual associate member accounts instead of a one-size-fits-all arrangement. This structure makes membership more relevant to various employees within your organization and allow wider access to the resources that ACGA offers to charities and our for-profit colleagues.
Membership in the ACGA also adds associate members to organizational memberships that can be scaled to meet the needs of each organization, whether a one-person shop or a national, multi-location organization. Your organization will receive a full year of membership from the day you join/renew.
Benefits of the associate member structure:
- Each associate member has individual-level access to ACGA’s website – no shared login and password!
- Access members-only website materials (rates papers, reports, case studies, video/webinar archives and more)
- Eligible for webinar discounts
- E-newsletter subscription and early rate notification emails
- Eligible for conference discount of $200 off a full conference registration
- Easier online membership managementfor organizations
- Choose your own username and benefit from improved website security with a 2-factor authentication (coming soon)
- Main contact can add associate members with individual logins
- Change your main contact and associate members as needed
|Non-Profit Organization Members||For-Profit Member|
|Associate Member Slots||Fee||Associate Member Slots||Fee|
|*Each Additional||$35||*Each Additional||$45|
* Call or email for custom plans above the maximum presented
ACGA members enjoy discounts, access to exclusive resources, and are listed in the membership directory on the ACGA’s website. The ACGA is committed to creating value in what you do for your donors and prospects, providing confidence to your organization’s leadership that your program is fiscally sound and operating in a manner consistent with the industry standards.
|Benefit||Members Only||Public Access|
|Online Directory Listing w/ website link||X|
|Rates tables only on website||X||X|
|Electronic Rates Report||X||Purchase Only - $75|
|Electronic Rates Brochures (25)||X||Purchase Only - $30|
|Printed Rates Brochures (25)||Purchase Only - $25||Purchase Only - $45|
|Electronic ACGA Survey Reports||X||Purchase Only - $50|
|Printed ACGA Survey Reports||Purchase Only - $50||Purchase Only - $75|
|State Regulations Information||X||Limited Access|
|Online Resources (PowerPoints, Videos, White Papers, Case studies)||X|
|ACGA Newsletter / ACGA News / Legislative Alerts / Rates Notifications||X||X|
|Ethics & Standards||X||X|
|Discounted Conference and Webinar pricing for all associate members of an organization||X|
|Early Access to electronic conference proceedings and videos (post conference)||X|
Why the change?
This new membership structure responds to your request to make your membership more relevant to both your organization and individual employees.
Why did you split the membership options into non-profit and for-profit?
This was certainly a challenging decision. After careful consideration, ultimately, we believe that the for-profit organizations have the benefit of using the ACGA rates and information to service your organizations and donors. We believe that the pricing should reflect the difference between how nonprofits and for-profits benefit from membership in the ACGA.
Did the fees increase?
The base fee of the nonprofit membership increased from $200 to $225. However, you now have 2 logins instead of one, so you’ll be able to assign that additional associate membership to someone in your organization who also needs access to the members-only portion of the website. Whether it’s an additional gift planning officer on your team or someone in the finance office who works with charitable gift annuities, having two logins expands the value for your organization. For-profit members will still have one member and can opt for more. The base fee for for-profit organizations has increased to $350.
Why did you increase the fees?
The ACGA has not increased membership fees since the 2014-15 membership season. We want to offer the community we serve more materials and information to help grow their gift annuity programs and the additional funds will help to fund our mission of promoting responsible philanthropy. Like many of you, we are a 501 (c) (3) organization and rely on your membership dues to help fund our initiatives such as setting the suggested maximum gift annuity rates, education, research, monitoring state regulations, advocacy, and other activities that promote good gifts for nonprofits and their donors.
Why are there different plans for membership?
We want organizations to be able to choose a plan that suits their needs. We frequently receive requests for more than one login and the current structure did not allow for that option. We want to make this easy for everyone with one membership that can be customized to suit your needs. Your fundraisers who work on charitable gift annuities can now benefit from the education on our website by having their own login, and your businesss officers who work on the finance side of charitable gift annuities can access all of the technical information related to rates, assumptions, history and a variety of other important topics.
What if we decide we need more or less associate members?
You can upgrade your membership throughout the year to add additional associate members. When you upgrade, you’ll be charged the difference between your original plan and the new plan. The new associate members will keep the same expiration date. If you need fewer associate members at renewal time, contact us and we can downgrade your plan prior to your renewal. If you need more associate members than are offered on the website, please contact the ACGA Executive Office and we will be happy to create a plan for you.
What if my organization’s membership has 3 members and I want to send 5 to the conference?
Organizations that hold a membership in the ACGA will have the option to add additional associate members throughout the year. Only associate members receive the $200 discount on their registration so adding additional associates may be a great benefit for your organization.
How do I sign up?
Your current membership has been transitioned to the new system. You’ll be able to upgrade during the renewal process.
Did my login change?
No, your current login for your organization is the same, but you’ll be able to edit your profile and select a new username if you’d like. You will no longer have to remember your member ID to login and it will be shown in your record if you need it.
What if the main contact or associate members leave the organization?
Memberships in the ACGA belong to the organization. If someone leaves the organization, they should be removed from the organization’s account and their slot should be assigned to another employee at the organization. The ACGA Executive Office can assist you in that process. The employee that left will now have their account freed up to be added ot their new organiation’s membership.
Is the membership year still July 1st– June 30th?
The ACGA has moved to a rolling dues structure, meaning organizations get one-year (365 days) of membership from the time they join!
What if I have more questions?