Degree of Regulation
Issuance of charitable gift annuities is regulated under Section 627.481 of the Florida Statutes.
A charity must have been in continuous operation for at least five years. A segregated reserve fund is required.
- Years of operation – five years continuous operation.
- Reserve fund – segregated reserve fund required.
- Annual reporting – sworn statement required.
- Rates must be calculated to provide 50% of the residuum to charity (ACGA Rates satisfy this)
Links to State Regulations Pages
Insurance Department Contact Information
Office of Insurance Regulation
Bureau of Specialty Insurers
200 East Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0331
Phone: (850) 413-3144
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Solicitation of Contributions
P.O. Box 6700
Tallahassee, FL 32399-6700
(800) 435-7352 Calling from Florida
(850) 488-2221 Calling from outside of Florida
Florida Department of State
New Filing Section, Division of Corporations
PO Box 6327
Tallahassee, FL 32341
2661 Executive Center Circle
Tallahassee, FL 32301